Looking for the perfect finger-smacking Wicked Chicken Wings recipe? Here’s a very tasty, soft to the bone and crunchy wings recipe that CookingLikeAPro really, really recommend for you to try.
Wicked Chicken Wings
- 1 kg Chicken wings
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot chili sauce (or any hot sauce that you have or prefer)
- ¼ cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp Raw sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 85-100 g Unsalted butter
- Cut off the tips of the wings. Separate them on the joints.
Here’s a little tip regarding those wings… Do not throw them! Freeze them. You can use the chicken wing tips in making the broth for your soup. They'll add nice flavors in your dish.
- Boil water in a steamer under high heat.
- Once boiling, place the wings in the steamer basket and adjust to medium heat.
- Steam for 10 minutes. (Before steaming, make sure that the chucks are at room temperature.)
- After 10 minutes of steaming, remove wings from the steamer and carefully pat it dry with kitchen tissues.
- Place the wings on a tray; and leave them in the fridge to dry for at least 1 hour. Do not cover. You may need to clear off some space for your chicken trays.
- Pre heat the oven to 225-240 degrees C (depending on your oven).
- Put baking paper on the oven tray. Put the wings one by one on the tray.
- Roast the wings preferably at the middle rack of the oven for about 20 mins.
- Turn the wings over and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the skin is golden brown.
- Take the chicken off the oven.
- Let them rest for about 3-5 mins to make the skin crunchier.
- If you don't have an oven, you can fry the wings, instead for 7-10 mins. Make sure to drain the excess oil before tossing them to the sauce.
And for the Wicked Sauce:
- While the chicken is roasting, put butter and garlic in a pan under very low heat.
- When the butter melts, put in the Sriracha sauce and sweet chili sauce. Stir gently.
- Add salt and sugar. Stir for about 2 mins.
- Place the rested chicken wings to a bowl.
- Coat with the sauce. Make sure to cover all the wings’ surface.
- Serve with a cold drink.
About Wicked Chicken Wings
To ensure the best experience with Wicked Chicken Wings, it’s crucial to start with wings that are at room temperature before you begin the steaming process. Steaming is a step that shouldn’t be rushed; allocate anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour for this part, and remember to keep the lid on to trap the steam. This method helps in rendering the fat, which in turn makes the skin crisp up beautifully when finished off in the oven or Best Pressure Fryer.
Once the wings are steamed and cooled, they’re ready to be devoured. You can serve them at room temperature, which is great if you’re planning to enjoy your meal outdoors, perhaps on a front porch where you can soak in the ambiance and relish your Wicked Chicken feast.
For those who prefer the convenience of takeout or delivery, the Wicked Chicken Winghouse & Tavern offers a fantastic option. Located a stone’s throw away from the Creeper Trail, a spot that draws visitors globally, this establishment is not just about the wings. They boast a menu that includes a variety of appetizers and claim to have some of the best ice cream in the country. Imagine pairing those spicy wings with a cool, creamy dessert – it’s a combination that promises a little slice of heaven.
The Wicked Chicken Winghouse & Tavern, situated merely 25 feet from the Creeper Trail, is more than just a restaurant; it’s part of the attraction. Catering to both locals and tourists alike, they provide a range of delicious food options available for dine-in, takeout, or delivery. Whether you’re in the mood for their signature wings, a hearty burger, or a sweet treat like ice cream, there’s something to satisfy your cravings at the Wicked Chicken.
Tips and Tricks
Cooking Tips for Perfect Wicked Chicken Wings
Getting your chicken wings just right can be a bit of a culinary adventure. But fear not! I’ve got some insider tips that’ll turn you into a wing wizard in no time.
First off, let’s talk about crispiness. If you want that perfect crunch, make sure your wings are patted dry before they hit the heat. Any excess moisture is the enemy of that golden crust we all crave. And speaking of heat, don’t be afraid to crank it up! High temperatures are crucial for that ideal texture.
Now, onto the flavor. Marinating your wings can take them from good to wickedly irresistible. Whether you’re using a store-bought sauce or making your own secret concoction, give those wings plenty of time to soak up all that deliciousness. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
FAQs About Wicked Chicken Wings
Got questions? I’ve got answers! Here are some common curiosities that pop up when prepping these poultry delights:
Q: How long should I marinate my chicken wings? A: Patience is a virtue, my friends. For maximum flavor infusion, I recommend marinating your wings for at least an hour. But if you can wait longer, go for it – overnight marination will make a world of difference.
Q: Can I make my wings less spicy? A: Absolutely! The beauty of Wicked Chicken Wings is that you can adjust the heat to your liking. Tone down the spicier ingredients in your marinade or sauce, and you’ll have a milder batch that’s still packed with flavor.
Q: What’s the best way to ensure even cooking? A: Consistency is key. Try to use wings that are roughly the same size, and don’t overcrowd your cooking surface. This ensures each wing gets the love and heat it needs to reach peak perfection.
How to Serve Your Wicked Chicken Wings
Presentation is almost as important as taste, right? When serving up your Wicked Chicken Wings, think about what complements their bold flavor. A crisp, cool celery or cucumber stick can offer a refreshing contrast to the heat. And let’s not forget the classic blue cheese or ranch dip – it’s a match made in heaven for those spicy bites.
For a more substantial meal, pair your wings with something hearty like a loaded baked potato or a fresh, zesty salad. The possibilities are endless, and the choice is all yours!
Personal Touches and Final Thoughts
As someone who’s experimented with countless wing recipes, I can tell you that the secret ingredient is always passion. Don’t be afraid to get creative and put your own spin on your Wicked Chicken Wings. Maybe you’ll add a sprinkle of smoked paprika or a dash of honey – whatever tickles your fancy!
Remember, whether you’re hosting a game day bash or just treating yourself to a mid-week feast, these wings are sure to impress. So roll up your sleeves, get those wings sizzling, and prepare for a wickedly good time.
Until next time, keep those taste buds adventurous, and never settle for boring chicken wings again. Let’s keep the conversation going – drop your favorite wing tips and tricks in the comments below. Happy cooking, everyone!