Looking for the perfect finger-smacking Wicked Chicken Wings recipe? Here’s a very tasty, soft to the bone and crunchy wings recipe that CookingLikeAPro really, really recommend for you to try.
Wicked Chicken Wings
- 1 kg Chicken wings
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot chili sauce (or any hot sauce that you have or prefer)
- ¼ cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp Raw sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 85-100 g Unsalted butter
- Cut off the tips of the wings. Separate them on the joints.
Here’s a little tip regarding those wings… Do not throw them! Freeze them. You can use the chicken wing tips in making the broth for your soup. They'll add nice flavors in your dish.
- Boil water in a steamer under high heat.
- Once boiling, place the wings in the steamer basket and adjust to medium heat.
- Steam for 10 minutes. (Before steaming, make sure that the chucks are at room temperature.)
- After 10 minutes of steaming, remove wings from the steamer and carefully pat it dry with kitchen tissues.
- Place the wings on a tray; and leave them in the fridge to dry for at least 1 hour. Do not cover. You may need to clear off some space for your chicken trays.
- Pre heat the oven to 225-240 degrees C (depending on your oven).
- Put baking paper on the oven tray. Put the wings one by one on the tray.
- Roast the wings preferably at the middle rack of the oven for about 20 mins.
- Turn the wings over and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the skin is golden brown.
- Take the chicken off the oven.
- Let them rest for about 3-5 mins to make the skin crunchier.
- If you don't have an oven, you can fry the wings, instead for 7-10 mins. Make sure to drain the excess oil before tossing them to the sauce.
And for the Wicked Sauce:
- While the chicken is roasting, put butter and garlic in a pan under very low heat.
- When the butter melts, put in the Sriracha sauce and sweet chili sauce. Stir gently.
- Add salt and sugar. Stir for about 2 mins.
- Place the rested chicken wings to a bowl.
- Coat with the sauce. Make sure to cover all the wings’ surface.
- Serve with a cold drink.
About Wicked Chicken Wings
The wings must be room temperature before steaming. The wings should be steamed for at least 10 minutes and an hour. Don’t forget to keep the lid on while cooking. The chicken wings should be completely defrosted before serving. Once cooled, they can be served at room temperature. After that, you can enjoy your Wicked Chicken meal on the front porch. Or, you can take it to-go.
If you’re in the mood for some wings, you can grab them for takeout or delivery. The Wicked Chicken Winghouse & Tavern is just a few feet from the Creeper Trail, which attracts people from all over the world. The restaurant serves all kinds of wings and other appetizers and serves up some of the best ice cream in the country. With great wings and great ice cream, you’ll be in heaven.
The Wicked Chicken Winghouse & Tavern is located only 25 feet from the Creeper Trail. Visitors come from all over the country to experience the haunted attraction. This eatery caters to visitors by offering delicious food. They also offer takeout and delivery. If you’re feeling hungry, you can enjoy the food at the Wicked Chicken. The wings, burgers, and ice cream are just a few of the items that you can order.