I love pasta recipes, especially those that are easy to do. And this scampi shrimp recipe is a very easy one! While there may be several components to this dish; the manner of cooking is so basic. Read on to see what I mean.
The ingredients for this scampi shrimp are common in your kitchen… garlic, onions, tomatoes. The herbs, well, if you like to have that Italian flavour on an olive oil based pasta sauce; it really pays to have them. I don’t grow herbs in my garden. There are mostly weeds in that part of the house. (LOL!) We buy dried herbs; and if need be, just hurry off to the supermarket for fresh ones.
Here’s Cooking Like A Pro take on a scampi shrimp pasta. Enjoy!!
Scampi Shrimp with Pasta
- 500 g Pasta
- 6-8 cups Water
- Salt for cooking the pasta
- 200-300 g Shrimps shells off, set aside the heads
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Basil
- Salt and pepper to season shrimps
- Grated cheese
- 5-7 cloves Garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 pcs Onions chopped
- 2-3 pcs Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Basil
- tbsp Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10-12 tbsp Olive oil
For the pasta:
- Cook the pasta. See the directions here of how I do it. If you want an al dente, not soggy just right pasta, check the link.
- Drain the pasta. Set aside until later.
For the shrimps:
- Marinate the shrimps with garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a heated pan.
- Put a bit of crushed garlic into the pan.
- When the garlic turns golden, add in the shrimps.
- Stir well and be mindful not to overcook the very delicate shrimps.
- When the shrimps turn orange, lower the heat. They are nearly done.
- When cooked, set aside in a dish. Sprinkle grated cheese while hot.
For the sauce:
- Put olive oil in a heated cooking pan.
- Fry the shrimp heads in the oil.
- Crush them against the back of the ladle to release more juices.
- When the shrimps are crispy fried, lower the heat. Take them off the pan and discard.
- Add the garlic in the shrimpflavored oil. Stir well.
- When it turns golden, add in the tomatoes and onions. Stir well.
- Wait until the tomatoes wilt and release juices.
- Add in the basil and Italian herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Putting the components together:
- Add in the cooked pasta. Toss with care so as not to break the pasta.
- When the oil is well distributed onto the pasta, put in the cooked shrimps.
- Season once more with salt according to your liking.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
About Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Shrimp Scampi Pasta is a simple one-pot meal. It takes less than twenty-five minutes to prepare. First, boil the pasta in salted water. Cook al dente. Next, add the shrimp, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir to combine well, and cook for a further three to five minutes. Sprinkle with seasonings like garlic cloves, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Scampi Shrimp with Pasta is a quick, simple meal that’s great for a dinner party. You can prepare this dish in advance, store it in the refrigerator, and reheat it on the stovetop. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. If you’d like to make it ahead of time, you can freeze it in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Scampi Shrimp with Pasta can be made up to two days ahead. It can be frozen for a few months and reheated if needed. The preparation time for this dish is only about twenty-five minutes. Adding fresh pasta is the key to making this meal a hit! Begin by boiling a pot of water. When the water boils, pour the garlic-infused butter, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then, add the shrimp. Finally, combine the seafood with the sauce. Serve with hot cooked rice, angel hair pasta, or linguine.
Scampi shrimp with pasta is a simple Italian meal that can be served to guests and is very versatile. The pasta can be made ahead of time and frozen, or you can prepare the dish on the day of. Scampi shrimp with pasta with tomato sauce can be served immediately after reheating. Just be sure to use fresh pasta if you want to save time. The ingredients in this recipe are easy to find and taste great.
Scampi shrimp with pasta with sauce makes an ideal meal. Scampi shrimp with pasta can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator. It can be reheated in the oven. Scampi shrimp with pasta is a delicious meal for a family or a dinner party. Scampi is an easy meal to prepare and delicious. It is also a great appetizer for children. A bowl of Scampi with Pasta is a healthy, low-carb option.
Scampi shrimp with pasta is an easy and delicious seafood dish that can be made in under half an hour. The sauce can be made with other seafood such as chicken or pasta. This seafood dish pairs well with broccoli and a leafy green salad. To make it even more delicious, try serving it with hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta. There is no better comfort food. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
A simple and delicious meal that tastes great no matter where you eat it is the perfect dinner for a crowd. You can make it ahead of time and serve it to your guests. Scampi shrimp with pasta can be frozen for up to 2 months and reheated later. It only takes 25 minutes to prepare. You can use fresh pasta or freeze the leftovers. Just make sure that you use fresh pasta. The pasta should be cooked before serving, and the sauce should be cooled down before serving.
Typically, scampi shrimp with pasta is served over pasta. Unlike spaghetti aglio e olio, scampi shrimp with pasta is a rich, creamy dish that can easily be paired with other dishes. Depending on what you prefer, scampi shrimp with a pasta dish will suit your taste and your appetite. If you have a sweet tooth, scampi sauce is delicious on its own.