I really love Pasta with Corned Beef. (And who doesn’t?)
I don’t easily get tired of any kind of pasta recipe. In fact, even when dining out, I order a pasta dish with another meal. If you love pasta like I do, perhaps you’re enjoy this pasta recipe as well. It’s easy to do, too!
For this post, I’m cooking pasta with corned beef.
Read on below for the detail recipe.
I would normally use fresh pork or beef in cooking a pasta recipe; however, for this instance I’d like to try it with a can of corned beef. I didn’t use a pre-packed tomato sauce, however. I used the remaining cherry tomatoes I had in the fridge. I didn’t want to waste them so I made a dish out of them instead.
Do you remember my left-over pansit (Chinese noodles) recipe and my fish lumpia recipe? Both recipes them came about from my salvaging efforts in the kitchen, too. And now, here goes another one. 🙂
Pasta Maker Tip: To elevate this pasta dish even further, consider using a pasta maker to create your own fresh pasta from scratch. The homemade pasta will add a delightful texture and flavor to the overall dish. Do you remember my left-over pansit (Chinese noodles) recipe and my fish lumpia recipe? Both recipes came about from my salvaging efforts in the kitchen, too. And now, here goes another one. 🙂
Pasta with Corned Beef
- basil powder
- parsley flakes
- black pepper
- red chili powder optional
- dried paprika
- garlic crushed
- green onions chopped (optional)
- olive oil
- corned beef any brand will do
- fish sauce
- hot water
- Cook the pasta. Set aside for later.
- Saute' the garlic and dried paprika in olive oil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Saute' the ingredients altogether.
- Cover the dish and allow the cherry tomatoes to release its juices.
- Add in the corned beef.
- Add some water. This will prevent the dish from drying.
- Lower the stove to low-medium.
- Season the dish with fish sauce, basil, parsley, ground pepper and chili.
- Under low heat, add the pasta.
- Garnish with green onion.
Why I Love This Recipe
There are a few reasons why this recipe for Spiral Pasta with Corned Beef has become one of my go-to weeknight meals:
Quick and Easy
With just 10 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of cook time, it doesn’t get much easier than this! Simply boil the pasta, cook the corned beef and veggies all together in one pan, then mix everything up. Dinner is served!
My kids absolutely love this meal. The fun spiral shape pasta, savory corned beef, mushrooms, and smoky chicken sausage make it a hit with even the pickiest of eaters. I love that they’re getting protein, veggies, and carbs all in one dish.
Canned corned beef, pasta, and pantry staples like olive oil and garlic mean you likely have most, if not all, of the ingredients on hand already. Canned corned beef is inexpensive and goes a long way in this recipe. Plus, there’s only one pan to wash at the end!
Satisfying Comfort Food
With tender pasta, beefy corned beef, savory sausage, earthy mushrooms, and rich sauce, every bite of this dish is comforting and delicious. It’s the perfect quick meal after a long day when you want something hearty and homey.
Tips and Tricks to make Corned Beef Pasta
Tips for Making This Corned Beef Pasta
Here are a few tips to ensure this recipe comes out perfectly every time:
- Use a good quality canned corned beef. I like Hereford or Libby’s brands.
- Cook the pasta al dente so it doesn’t get mushy when mixed with the other ingredients.
- Slice the mushrooms and sausage thinly so they cook up quickly.
- Add a bit of the starchy pasta water to the corned beef mixture to help thicken up the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions for a pop of color and flavor.
- Leftovers hold up well for 2-3 days refrigerated and reheat beautifully.
This versatile corned beef pasta is delicious as is, but it also pairs well with a few simple additions:
- Steamed broccoli or peas for some extra veggies
- A side salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Crusty garlic bread for dipping into that tasty sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese for a hit of salty, nutty flavor
- A cold glass of milk or a crisp lager or ale
No matter how you serve it up, this corned beef pasta is sure to become a favorite weeknight meal. It’s quick, budget-friendly, kid-approved, and utterly delicious. Give it a try soon and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
In conclusion, Spiral Pasta with Corned Beef is the ultimate easy, budget-friendly weeknight dinner. With simple ingredients you likely have on hand, it comes together in just 30 minutes for a meal that is quick, kid-approved, and deliciously comforting. The tender pasta, beefy corned beef, savory sausage, earthy mushrooms, and rich sauce make every bite satisfying. Serve it up with some veggies, bread, or cheese for a complete meal the whole family will devour. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try soon – it’s sure to become a regular in your weeknight dinner rotation. Thanks for reading, and let me know how you enjoy this corned beef pasta dish!