You want Italian? Fine, let’s do Italian!
I really love Pasta with Fresh Basil! When we’re scheduled for a run, my husband and I carbo-load with rich servings of semolina pasta. Of course, I cook the dressing or the pasta sauce to do away with artificial flavors and seasonings.
In this post CookingLikeAPro like to share with you my pasta sauce recipe. You don’t have to open a can of tomato sauce or a pack of tomato paste for this one. It’s all natural! Here’s how.
Pasta with Fresh Basil
- chicken breast cut in strips
- generous amounts of fresh holy basil destemmed, thoroughly washed and chopped
- If you're buying from the grocer's make sure you don't grab the sweet basil. Holy basil is the one without the tangy aroma of lemongrass. The two look alike, so make sure you get the right kind of basil.
- cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- generous amounts of garlic crushed
- olive oil (extra virgin, is preferred)
- powdered basil
- fish sauce
- dried paprika
- powdered chili
- hot water
- Cook the pasta. Here's how to cook pasta like a pro. I promise you, you'll have a flavored pasta even without the sauce yet.
- Set aside until later.
- Put a generous amount of olive oil in a hot pan.
Olive oils are healthy fats so don't worry about your heart. It's actually good for you.
- Saute' a portion of garlic into the pan.
- Cook the chicken when the garlic turns golden.
- When cooked, set aside the chicken for later.
- Season the chicken with fish sauce and pepper as it sits.
- Using the same pan, saute' the rest of the garlic with the dried paprika.
If you want a less spicy dish, add the paprika in the latter steps.
- Put in the tomatoes. Stir well until they release their juice.
- Cover the pan for about 5 minutes while under medium heat.
- When the tomatoes are soft and juicy, add the flavored chicken.
- Add the fresh basil.
At this point, you can put the paprika in if you hadn't yet in step 8.
- Lower the heat to low-med.
- Add some hot water. The pasta will absorb these liquids when you put it in later.
- Season the mixture with powdered basil, chili and fish sauce.
- Increase heat to med-high to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once it boils, put the heat back to low.
- Add in the pasta.
- Mix well to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Serve while hot.
Tips and tricks to make Basil Pasta
Pasta with fresh basil is one of the most popular Italian dishes. This recipe calls for six tablespoons of butter, which should be Irish and of high quality. Then, add two cloves of minced garlic. Let these cook in the butter until fragrant. Next, add the chopped basil. Stir well, and the pasta is ready. Keep in mind that the flavor of the fresh basil will intensify if you add some extra sauce or cheese.
Toss the garlic and lemon slices in a skillet. Allow them to brown slightly, but not burn. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté for a few minutes. Stir in the hot pasta and cheese. Toss the whole dish with a generous amount of grated cheese. Toss in some additional basil. Serve immediately. This pasta is a quick and easy meal. You can make a batch of it ahead of time and enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
To make the pesto, add fresh basil leaves and toasted pine nuts. Toasted pine nuts have a slightly stronger nutty flavor and a soft crunch. To make the perfect pesto, toast a peppercorn. Regular pepper won’t have the same flavor as freshly ground pepper. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, sprinkle some more basil and allow it to cool before serving.
To make pesto, combine fresh basil leaves and butter with a pinch of salt and fresh lemon. You can serve the sauce hot or cold, depending on your preferences. If you want the pesto to have a creamier consistency, add a few tablespoons of pasta water. When the sauce is finished, garnish with more basil or a drizzle of extra oil. Once the pasta is cooked, it’s ready to serve.
The flavors of basil pasta will enhance any meal. It is a great way to add flavor to your favorite dishes and to eat healthier. A good pasta dish with basil is a healthy option. The herbs in the basil sauce will complement the tomato-based pasta. To make the basil sauce, use garlic, lemon, and a few cloves of minced tomatoes. Then, toss the remaining ingredients in the pan, stir well.
To add a more exotic touch, try using fruity basil pesto. You can use a fruity pesto to make a pizza crust. You can also serve this sauce with a piece of toast. The delicious combination of basil and lemon is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This recipe takes just 30 minutes to prepare and comes with seven ingredients. You will never regret adding the basil flavor to your pasta.
To make this recipe, follow the package instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, add the tomato sauce to the pasta. After adding the pasta, sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top. Pour the sauce into a baking dish and sprinkle the pasta with a few more olive oil. If you want a more exotic-tasting pesto, serve it with grilled chicken breast. A dish with basil and lemon is delicious, healthy, and delicious!
While you are preparing the pasta, toast the pine nuts in the oven until they are golden brown. This will give the pesto a better flavor and aroma. After toasting the pine nuts, add the remaining pine nuts. If you prefer, you can also add toasted pine nuts to your basil pasta. It is easy to make homemade pesto and it can be served on any type of pasta. It is a great way to make a meal more delicious.
You can use any kind of pasta for this recipe. Spaghetti is a great choice, but any other type of pasta is fine. Remember to use al dente pasta and use the herbs as you like. You should also keep in mind the freshness of the herbs. They have more flavor and are more flavorful than dried basil, so choose a healthier type of pasta. You’ll be glad you made the effort to try this recipe.