You know how I love Pork Bolognese Pasta, right? I have shared with you several pasta recipes, in fact. While most of my pasta recipes use fresh cherry tomatoes as base, I still enjoy a rich juicy pasta sauce from canned tomatoes. It’s what I always use in making pork bolognese at home.
Read on to get CookingLikeAPro‘s low calorie recipe in cooking pork bolognese.
Pork bolognese is an Italian dish that is usually cooked with bacon and pancetta. Since everything with bacon is good; you can imagine how tasty bolognese is! However to avoid the fats, we’ll be using lean ground pork (or beef) in this recipe. I promise you that it’ll also be good, tasty, yummy and appetizing! We’ll add a bit of sweet chili sauce in our mix to make it more delightful.
Pork Bolognese Pasta
- olive oil
- garlic crushed and chopped
- onions chopped
- carrots diced (optional)
- champignon mushrooms cut thinly
- dried paprika cut in halves (optional but preferred)
- ground pork lean
- pork liver minced
- tomato sauce
I'm using Hunt's tomato sauce. Aside from liking what I read from its label, this brand also has rich flavors.
- fish sauce
- sweet chili sauce
- sweet pickle relish
- grated cheese optional
- Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Put oil in a very hot pan.
- Saute' a portion of the garlic.
- When the garlic turns golden, put in the ground pork.
- Stir and mix well until the pork is cooked.
- Set the pork aside in a dry container.
- Season the pork with a bit of fish sauce and pepper while hot.
- Put olive oil in the same pan.
- Saute' the rest of the garlic.
- When the garlic turns golden, mix in the onions. Stir well.
- When the onions are soft, mix in the carrots. Stir well.
- Add in the mushrooms. Stir well.
- Add in the paprika. Stir well.
- Add in the pork liver. Stir well.
- When the liver is cooked, add in the seasoned pork.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and the raisins.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes, still under low heat.
- Season the sauce with fish sauce, sweet chili sauce and pepper.
- When the flavor is right according to your preference, add in the seasoned pasta.
- Garnish with grated cheese come serving time.
Other ways to make Pork Bolognese Pasta
First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute the pork until it is browned, then add the onions and garlic. Once the onion and garlic have been cooked for a couple of minutes, add the tomato sauce. Stir in the parmesan and basil, and cook for another minute or two. Sprinkle in the cooked pasta and serve immediately.
To make the pork bolognese sauce, heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the vegetables and garlic, and cook for two to five minutes. When the vegetables are soft, add the pork. When the pork has cooked through, stir in the milk and tomato sauce. Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the meat to reduce slightly. Once the meat is tender and the vegetables are cooked through, add the pasta. If desired, garnish with extra basil.
To make the sauce, you need a large dutch oven. Heat the oil in the pan. Saute the vegetables and pork for about seven to eight minutes. Once the pork is fully cooked, add the tomatoes, basil, and the five-spice powder. Stir well and let simmer for an hour. Once the sauce is done, it is ready to serve. You can add extra basil if you like.
In a large dutch oven, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables and garlic. Saute the pork for 2 to five minutes. Add the tomatoes, and then stir in the tomato sauce. Then, add the pasta to the sauce. Continue to mix until the pasta is coated with the sauce. To make Pork Bolognese Pasta, use pork mince. It is more nutritious than the average spaghetti.
Start by heating a large dutch oven. Once the oil is hot, add the vegetables and garlic. Saute the pork and vegetables for a further five minutes. When the pork is cooked, add the five-spice powder and the tomato sauce. After the vegetables are cooked, add the pork and vegetables and simmer for a further two to three minutes. Now, pour the sauce into the pasta and serve.
To make this delicious dish, first heat the oil in a dutch oven. Then, add the pork and vegetables and stir for two minutes. Now, add the basil leaves and garlic. Then, add the milk and tomato sauce. Stir well and cook for an hour. If you’re using pork, you can cut up the meat to make it more affordable. If you’re using veal, it’s best to use the meat that’s lean.
To make Pork Bolognese, prepare the pork and vegetables. Chop the vegetables and garlic, then add the pork. Sauté the vegetables and meat for 5 minutes, then add the five-spice powder and the tomatoes. Once the vegetables are soft, stir in the tomato sauce. Stir in the pasta. Remove the bay leaf. If necessary, stir in the remaining basil. This recipe will serve four to five people.
The pork should be cooked in a dutch oven. Then, add the vegetables and garlic. Stir well and add the tomatoes. Once the vegetables are softened, add the pork and cook the pasta until it’s al dente. Then, add the five-spice powder and the parmesan. If you have time, add a bit of basil and tomatoes. Once you’ve cooked the pasta, you can stir in the tomato sauce.