Chopsuey recipe is very easy to do.
It looks and is a “healthy dish”, being made mostly of vegetables; but as a kid back then, I remember enjoying chopsuey because it of its enticing colors and thick sauce. Somehow, it seems fun to eat. Also, it closely resembles the pancit recipe, another Filipino food that I so love eating!
For this post, I am using some shrimps, a few fish balls and pork liver.
This vegetable recipe is a quick one to cook since most of its ingredients are sensitive to heat. If you’re using pork, you’d like to cook it for at least 10 minutes in the pan with the garlic and onions. Since I’m using proteins that are quick to cook, I put my heat under medium (nearly gearing towards high) so that I don’t overcook the dish.
It’s the prepping for the ingredients that takes a while for this dish. You need to cut several vegetables (at least the ones I have here) in cooking chopsuey. Some add other veggies such as broccoli, baby corn and button mushrooms (not a vegetable, yes.). So, you may need to allot extra time for the preparation when you decide to cook this dish.
Enough of that, here’s how CookingLikeaPro.net do it!
- ¼ whole Cabbage ¼ of a whole at least, cut in shreds
- 200 g Snap beans 200g at least, cut diagonally
- 1 whole Carrots 1 whole, julienned
- ½ whole Bell peppers red or green or both, ½ of whole, cut diagonally
- ¼ whole Cauliflower ¼ of a whole at least, cut in small parts
- Chinese celery Kinchay (optional but desired), cut into bits
- 1 whole Onions 1 whole, cut in shreds
- 5-7 cloves Garlic crushed and chopped
- 4 heads Shrimps 4 heads at least, heads detached and bodies cut
- 100 g Pork liver 100g at least, cut in small pieces
- 5 pieces Fish balls optional, 5 pieces at least, cut in halves
- 2-3 tbsp Oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in water
- Fish sauce to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Put oil in a heated wok.
- Saute the garlic under medium heat.
- When it turns golden, put in the onions.
- Put the heat to low. Continue stirring the dish.
- Put in the shrimp heads. Crush them against the wok to release more flavors.
- Add in the liver. It cooks very quickly so continue stirring on.
- When the liver changes, add in the fish balls.
- Turn the heat back on to medium.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir.
- Add the vegetables one by one – carrots, beans, cauliflower and the cabbage.
- Add in the water.
- When the water boils, add in the dissolved cornstarch.
- Add in the bell peppers. Continue stirring.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and do not cover the dish.
- Serve while hot with steamy rice.
There you have it! Easy, right? Chopsuey is good to pair with anything fried. Try it with Lumpiang Shanghai or fried pork.
I hope you enjoyed this one.
Other ways to make Chopsuey
The first step in making a delicious chop suey recipe is to prepare the broth. You can use chicken or beef stock, and you can use a variety of vegetables. You can also add mushrooms or shrimp. You can also add noodles or rice if you prefer. Once you’ve made the broth, add the chopped vegetables and mix them well. If you’d like to try making this dish at home, follow these instructions.
Using a large frying pan is the best way to cook this soup. The larger the pan, the better, because it can retain heat more efficiently. Alternatively, use a small one and fry the ingredients in it. This will allow the broth to remain at a constant temperature and will prevent soggy chopsuey. Make sure that the sauce is hot when adding the veggies and meat. A large frying pot is ideal, as it will be able to hold the mixture of veggies and protein.
Choose fresh or canned vegetables for this recipe. Generally, you should cut the vegetables into bite-size squares or rectangles. The chopsuey recipe will recommend a variety of vegetables, including carrots, cabbage, and zucchini. You can use any of these, or create your own original mix. If you don’t have fresh veggies, try using canned veggies or frozen. They will be perfectly fine.
Using fresh ingredients, like scallions, is the best way to make this dish. Choose a variety of vegetables, including potatoes, and make sure that you use a sharp knife to chop the vegetables. You can also add chicken liver, if you’d like. You’ll need more patience, but the end result will be worth it. Once you have your ingredients, you’re ready to cook the noodles and serve them with rice.
The first step in making a delicious chopsuey is to chop the vegetables. You can use the vegetables you’ve prepared or buy them already. It’s important to keep the ratios of protein and vegetables to the sauce while you’re cooking. After cooking, you’ll need to add the remaining ingredients, such as the chicken, the vegetables, and the meat. Then, you’ll be ready to serve the delicious dish.
When making a great chopsuey recipe, you’ll need a few essential ingredients. They include the chicken and shrimp, which are both popular in the Philippines. Then, you’ll need to mix the vegetables with the vegetables to create a great chopsuey. Then, add the remaining ingredients. If you’re making a large dish, you’ll need a larger pot to heat them up.
The next step is to cook the vegetables in the same pan as the meat. After the vegetables are sliced, you can add the sauce and stir them for a few minutes. Once the vegetables are cooked, you can add the sauce, stir it up, and cook the noodles until they are cooked. This step is an essential part of the process in making Chopsuey. You should always make sure the noodles are completely cooked before you put them in the sauce.
To make the best chopsuey, you need to prepare the vegetables before you start cooking. You’ll need a pan with a heavy bottom and high sides. The pan should have a deep bottom, which is ideal for deep frying. You’ll need a pan that has a large frying pan with a large surface area. This will ensure that the chopsuey remains hot for a long time.
Once you’ve cooked the chicken, you can store the remaining chopsuey in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stove. This method will ensure that the chopsuey stays hot for a long time. It can be eaten as a main dish or as a side dish. It is a tasty snack for any meal.